Clipstone Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2013

Present

Councillors - Mr Mark Dabbs (Acting Chair), Mr Gary Adams, Mrs Barbara Brownley, Mrs Sheila Soar, Mrs Rose Keeton, Mr Robert Vilinskis.

2 members of the public

In attendance: Phil Burgess

  1. Welcome by Chair

  2. Apologies

    Dave Thompson

  3. Declarations of interest

    None.

  4. Declaration of Confidentiality

    Agenda item 21 (skate park) to be dealt with after press and public excluded.

  5. Approval of Minutes from July Meeting

    Agreed as a true record. Proposed Sheila Soar, seconded Gary Adams, passed unanimously.

  6. Matters arising

    • Staff Training Courses

      Clerk reported that 2 staff had been on pest control & weed-killing course. Chainsaw course due in October. Sheila Soar advised that weed-killer was available from the allotment association if required.

    • AOB

      Contribution towards phone bills. Staff currently on a mix of plans and pay as you go. Purchase of phones for staff with a plan attached could result in additional admin and high cost to staff if minutes exceeded. It was proposed that staff be allowed a regular £5 per month payment for council business on the strict understanding that they carried mobiles at all times to fit in with lone worker requirements. Proposed Barbara Brownley, seconded Mark Dabbs.

      Action: Clerk to arrange

  7. County Council Matters

    Cllr John Peck not present.

  8. District Council Matters

    Sheila Soar reported that the new committee system had been introduced at district level to replace the old cabinet system and seemed to be settling in despite earlier teething problems. A major complaint at district level is the concentration of spending within Newark rather than a spread across the district.

  9. Questions & Petitions from the public

    Jim Gibson announced a coffee morning to be held by the scouts in aid of Macmillan Cancer relief. Action: Clerk to display posters in notice board and send scanned copy for display on web site.

    Jim also asked if Clipstone was affected by the recent changes to wards. Sheila Soar advised that Clipstone would lose 1 district councillor and the ward area around Kings Clipstone would change.

  10. Feedback from Working Parties and Committees

    • Safer Neighbourhood Group

      Sheila Soar reported that the SNG would meet on 25.09.13 and would be chaired by Laura Bowditch the PCSO as she herself could not be present.

  11. Finance Matters

    • Payments in July & August approved unanimously

  12. Planning Matters

    • Decisions of Planning Authority

      68 Forest Rd - 2 storey rear extension approved by NSDC.

    • New applications for comment

      All the following returned with no objection:
      80 Braemar Rd - 2 storey side extension and porch.

      131 Mansfield Rd (Hung Hao) 2 maisonettes to rear

      Rufford Forest Farm (adjoining parish) - replacement wind turbine

    • August Planning Issues

      1 Forest Rd - objections on over intensification and building over outlet to balancing pond. Sheila Soar will advise the council when NSDC carry out a planning visit.

      22 Seventh Ave - Double garage and kitchen diner. Retuned with no objection.

  13. Legal Matters

    None.

  14. Memorial Applications and Burial Grants

    Burial Deeds signed for Reginald Coupe and Shirley McAvoy.

  15. Village Hall Improvements

    The clerk reported that work had started on the kitchen after delays with the building inspector and waste carriers licence. The door between meeting room and hall will be blocked off w/c 16.09.13. Gates to side of building have been fitted with stays. Toilet locks and further work to rear of village hall all scheduled for September.

  16. Grit Bins

    Contact had been made by clerk with Mike Keeling at Highways. Yellow NCC grit bin to be installed on the pedestrian path between First avenue and Portland Way (parallel with Cemetery drive) to improve safe access to area around surgery. Sheila Soar pointed out that this will mean the path has been adopted by NCC which stretches as far as Hilcote Drive.

    The requirement for a bin at Guyler's hill is likely to be rejected by NCC. The proposed position is near the path towards Vicar Water. Concerns were expressed whether there was a suitable position there for a non-fixed blue bin. Action: Clerk to view area to check suitability for bin.

  17. Co-option of Councillor

    The election stage has passed and co-option is now possible. Invitations have been displayed in notice boards for applications to be submitted prior to October full council meeting.

  18. Christmas Decorations

    A decision was made to retain the display as last year. Sheila Soar proposed that the switching on ceremony be discussed at the October meeting. Seconded by Barbara Brownley.

  19. Correspondence - All relevant papers held by Clerk
    • "Good Councillor Guide" available to order from NALC. Agreed that copies should be ordered for all councillors. Action: Clerk to order

    • Parish Conference Monday 7th Oct at Kelham - main points precepting & flooding. 5.30 for 6 p.m.

    • Complaint letters received from Rabbit club and Karate club re new charges - to be considered by working group.

    • Employment Law newsletter - new ACAS guidelines pending re termination of contracts for problem staff with agreed lump sum payment.

    • NALC AGM Weds 13th November at Epperstone Village Hall 7.30 p.m.

    • NSDC have adopted the allocations development plan document to replace the local plan.

    • Acknowledgment received from NCC regarding LIS applications i.r.o. Davis Close Fencing and Church Rd parking.

    • E-mail advice from Matt Lamb at NSDC regarding additional security fencing work at headstocks. This has now started.

  20. Any Other Business

    • The plan to commemorate the centenary of the start of the First World War in late August 2014 included the planting of hundreds of ornamental poppies and roses around the village. Sheila Soar suggested the council does the same at the village hall in a large planter in the corner of the grassed area to the front. Agreed unanimously.
    • Rose Keeton reported a problem with overhanging tree and hedge on Highfield Rd (on the right towards King John' Rd) These are council properties and the front property generally owns the garden. Action Phil Burgess to investigate and request work.

  21. Date and Time of next meeting: 9th October 2013 at 7pm.

Parish Council Pages

Contact us

Tel: 01623 626857


Submit Your Business

Submit your local business to our business directory.

Submit Here >>>