Clipstone Parish Council Meeting Minutes February 2014

Present

Councillors - Mr Dave Thompson (Chair), Mr Robert Vilinskis, Mr Mark Dabbs, Mrs Barbara Brownley, Mrs Rose Keeton, Mr Gary Adams, Mrs Rebecca Power.

6 members of the public & press

In attendance: Phil Burgess

  1. Welcome by Chair

  2. Apologies for Absence

    Mrs Sheila Soar.


  3. Declarations of Interest

    None.


  4. Determination of Confidentiality

    Agenda Item 20 to be discussed after exclusion of press and public.

    Cllr John Peck joined the meeting at 7.05.


  5. Approval of Minutes from January meeting

    Proposed Gary Adams, seconded Barbara Brownley, approved unanimously.


  6. Matters arising from minutes

    Matters arising January referred to failure to attend by Matt Lamb (Planning at NSDC) at December meeting. Formal letter of complaint and e-mail reminder from clerk brought no response. Contact was made with Julia Lockwood who would bring this to Matt's attention on his return from sick leave. Mark Dabbs asked why NSDC rarely respond to contact. Dave Thomas stated that staff were very stretched.

    • NCHA bays

      Update was given by clerk on the Third Avenue bay on Forest Rd (Item 19 December and matters arising January refer. The bay would cost £4,000 to repair and raise to usable standard. NCHA are considering a response to this information.


  7. County Council Matters

    John Peck reported the following:

    • Bus Service

      He had objected to the reduction in bus service in Clipstone and no decision has been made as yet but a favourable outcome is unlikely. Dave Thomas reported that Doyle's coaches who had provided a replacement to scheduled services in the past had recently gone bust.

    • Pot Holes

      Accepted that both Mansfield Rd and Forest Rd were bad and a request had gone in to address this.

    • Headstocks

      The meeting had taken place between county and district officials and an agreement for increased liaison had been reached.

    • Divisional Fund

      If knee rail on Davis Close does not go ahead, the funds will be directed to Clipstone to go towards the skate park project.

    • Budgetary Meeting

      Due 27th February to finalise the 14/15 budget and decide where savings must be made to meet spending targets for NCC.

    • Highways issues

      Flooding issues reported from blocked storm drains on Mansfield Rd and Third Avenue. Action: Clerk will check and report through NCC website.

  8. District Council Matters - Dave Thompson

    There is a full council meeting at District level w/c 17.02.14 regarding budgets. A new leisure centre has been approved in Newark.

    Cllr Peck left the meeting at 7.30.


  9. Questions and Petitions from Public

    Denise Barraclough raised the issue of the headstocks and felt the council was hearing a one-sided view. She was assured by Robert Vilinskis that the council would hear all viewpoints. Item 14 refers. She also offered help finding funding for the skate park. Mark Dabbs pointed out the lack of information on skate park project. The subject would be added to the next agenda.

    Jim Gibson raised the issue of damage to the manhole covers Mansfield Rd at the junction with First Avenue. This had been made a lot worse by the road restrictions caused by recent sewer work. Also pointed out that resurfacing work was to begin on the area between Whitegates and Forest Town although the surface there was much better than that of Mansfield Rd. Action: Clerk to investigate.


  10. Feedback from Committees and Working Parties

    Minutes of Village Hall Working party previously circulated. Clerk reported that acoustic panels could be constructed cheaply by Parish Workers. Cost would be around £500 for a dozen panels to be fitted to ends of the hall and ceiling if required. Quotes from acoustic companies had exceeded £20,000. Approval was given for Parish Workers to construct panels.


  11. Finance Matters

    • Bills for payment approved unanimously
    • Late Bills for payment approved unanimously

  12. Planning and Licensing Matters

    For Consideration

    • Land adjacent to 1 Forest Rd - resubmission. Clerk reported no material change to plans. Resubmission related to change to ownership notification and the applicant expects rejection but plans to appeal to inspectorate. Rejected unanimously on grounds of visual impact, over-intensification & building over a sewer.

    Decisions by NSDC Planning

    • 80 Braemar Rd - extension, garage & porch - approved
    • Clipstone Health Centre - resurfacing of grassed area - approved
    • Hung Hao Takeaway - 2 maisonettes to rear - approved
    • Land at Vicars Court - resubmission of 6bed bungalow - approved

    Additional Information

    • None.

    All decisions noted by council.


  13. Legal Matter

    • Highfield Rd Land Dispute

      Mediation date 18.02.14


  14. Memorial Applications and Burial Grants

    Deeds approved in respect of Mr Terence Hays and Mr Gary Jones.


  15. Request to make a presentation to the council

    • Clipstone Colliery Regeneration Group.

      Denise Barraclough of the Clipstone Colliery Regeneration Group had made a request to address the council regarding the future of the headstocks. The council agreed unanimously that a presentation could be made at the March meeting. Denise was confident that funding could be found for restoration work and would provide leaflets in advance of the meeting to support her case. Action: clerk to distribute leaflets with next agenda.


  16. Application for co-option to council

    Application received from Mr Kevin Halfpenny to join the council. Residency conditions satisfied. Vote resulted in 6 in favour, 1 abstention. Mr Halfpenny appointed.


  17. Update from Clerk

    • Cypress tree damage in Cemetery.

      The recent storms had brought down 2 boughs of a large Cypress tree which had fallen into the cemetery area. No gravestones were damaged. Emergency work was carried out to fell the tree the following day as it was a risk to the public and staff.

    • Parish Council News circulation.

      The newsletter had been delivered to the majority of homes. Reports of non-delivery to following: Portland Rd, Mansfield Rd, Forest Rd, Third Avenue. Clerk to check - still some areas to deliver. Ken Weaver offered to deliver some if we dropped them at his house.

    • Mansfield Rd trees.

      Item 7 January minutes. Clerk reported that an e-mail has been sent to Jo Horton at Highways NCC detailing work required on the trees.


  18. Correspondence

    Correspondence tabled and noted.


  19. AOB

    • Fly Tipping

      Mark Dabbs reported fly tipping in the Baulker lane, Greendale Crescent area near the former garage site. Bollards need to be erected to prevent this. Action: Clerk to arrange

    • Fence damage

      Barbara Brownley reported a problem with the chain link fence to rear of the flats at 122 Highfield. Repair required Action: Clerk to pursue

    • Bus Shelter request

      Resident request for a bus shelter near Gorseway on Highfield Rd. Mark Dabbs advised that the pavement width would not be sufficient to take a shelter in that position.


  20. Date and time of next meeting - Wednesday 12th March 2014 at 7 p.m

Parish Council Pages

Contact us

Tel: 01623 626857


Submit Your Business

Submit your local business to our business directory.

Submit Here >>>